Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Forms and More Forms.. but no coffee

Pete and I are in the process of renewing our immigration form which requires an updated homestudy. Part of updating our homestudy is that we have to redo a lot of our paperwork including updated medical evaluations for both of us and the kids. Today I was scheduled to have my physical at 10:30 and because I had to have lab work I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything prior to my appointment. Now I am the type of person who has a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee first thing every morning. Nick even asks, "Mom, have you finished your coffee?" before he asks me to play or do anything else. Yeah, all the signs of an addict but I'm ok with this but it makes days like today particularly hard.


So I arrive for my doctors appointment at 10:30 and of course I forgot the form that is the purpose of the whole appointment. Hey, I hadn't had my coffee yet so what do you expect? Anyhow, I was able to access my email from their office and print another form. Around 11 they still hadn't called me in so I pleaded with them to please draw my blood which they did. I had a grandola bar unwrapped and in my hand so as soon as they were done, I was eating. I completed the rest of appointment and headed to Starbucks. I was just sitting down enjoying my oatmeal and coffee when the doctors office called. They hadn't drawn enough blood and what they had drawn had congealed. Are you kidding me!? Since I only need blood work they are referring me to a lab where next week I will proceed with attempt number 2 to have the tests run to show that I am still healthy and fit.


The good news is (and yes, I am ALWAYS looking for the bright side of things) is that they drink coffee in Ethiopia. In fact, they love coffee so much that they have a coffee making ceremony. Now that's my kinda place :)

1 comment:

  1. you are hilarious! for next week's re-do , may I suggest you bring a large thermos with hot coffee, so that you get to indulge immediately?

    ReplyDelete