Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Run! Father Run!







I'm a bit behind but obviously the unexpected call that we received our referral last week threw everything out of orbit!


For Father's Day Pete and Nick ran in a 5k event. Nick has run in several kids runs but this was his first 5k. We had done a few practice runs and he was very excited to run this event with his dad on Father's Day.


As Noah and I waited at the finish line, I was reminded about much I love this sport. It's hard to believe that running hasn't always been a part of our lives. Pete decided to run his first marathon in memory of Jack on the first anniversary of when we lost him and then a few years later I started running. Now to have our children be able to participate and get excited about running in events is so fun. I used to laugh that people would pay money to run in an event. I was confused on how there could be whole magazines about running. I mean really, put right foot in front of left, repeat, how hard is that? But now here we are, a family of runners, who would have guessed!



1 comment:

  1. We totally agree!!!! These photos are wonderful!! Wait until that daughter of yours finds out she is part of a running family!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete