Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In the moment

When I was growing up my grandmother was a huge influence in my life. Even though she passed away six years ago, I often think of the advice and life lessons she taught me. One of those was to not just focus on the destination but to enjoy the journey. Right now it would be very easy to just focus on bringing our daughter home. But then I think of our boys and all of the wonderful things in our life right now and I am reminded to enjoy the journey. Earlier this summer Pete and I took the boys up to the lake where I went every summer growing up. My grandma lived up there during the summer in an RV with a great big deck with a view of the lake. My aunt and uncle now have that same spot and while we were at the lake my aunt had us over for lunch and I got this picture of the boys on the deck where I spent so many hours lake gazing growing up. It was so much fun to go back to the place of so many wonderful childhood memories and to create new traditions with my family. The boys were filthy and exhausted every night and keep talking about Lake Almanor and asking if we can go back next year. I hope we do!




In addition to our wonderful vacation we have a lot of other exciting things going on while we wait to travel including Nick's first day of first grade! He loves being a big first grader and he has a great teacher so we are looking forward to another fun school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment