Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Friends



After we received our referral in June, I started networking to meet other families of adopted children in our area. So far I have met two wonderful families that live near us and I met up with the two moms and our younger children for coffee last week. We all have older biological children and have chosen to extend our families through Ethiopian adoption. The mom above holding the baby boy also adopted a three year old but he was running around when I took this picture ... right before my camera died :(

As the mom in the top picture said, her three year old daughter is at an age where she is starting to notice people who have skin like hers or hair similar to hers. I am so thankful to meet these families and to hopefully create friends for our daughter to grow up with. And how beautiful are those children!?

1 comment:

  1. So fantastic! Great you are getting connected to this great community!And, yes, these kiddos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete