Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Half Way There

We are halfway through Pete's three week trip to Vietnam. I hear from him about every other day by either phone or email. They have moved on from the town where the wedding was to the coastal town of Nha Trang (above). This is just a picture I found on the internet but I can't wait to see his pictures when he gets back (after I sleep for three days that is). He has eaten frog, snake and congealed pork blood but interestingly no pho. He said he usually tries something and then asks what it is. Luckily Pete will eat just about anything so he's enjoying the experience.


So while Pete has been immersed in Vietnamese culture the boys and I have been keeping busy. We have been so lucky to have lots of dinner invitations... and maybe even a few where we invited ourselves :) We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family who have been so supportive! This last weekend we rode our bikes to the shops down the street and Nick got his first salon haircut since Dad usually cuts his hair but didn't have time before he left. Luckily the boys have been pretty well behaved and we haven't had any major mishaps.
I'm a little worried that I've started talking to myself but other than that we're doing fine and we're starting to count down the days until Pete returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment