Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aliyahversary



One year ago, Pete and I flew to Ethiopia to meet our little girl. When I look at pictures and videos of that first trip, I think of her as Mesi which I guess makes sense since it is as if she really is a different child than the one who sits on my lap now making up songs about socks and pizza. On October 18 we went before the judge and she told us two words that changed our family "She's Yours!"


Some people call the adoption day "Gotcha Day" but we don't really like that term so we borrowed from another family and came up with "Aliyahversary".





What a difference a year makes!





2 comments:

  1. Happy Aliyahversary!!! Love to you all! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a joyous day!!! She looks SOOOO happy.
    Enjoy!!
    I met a woman you know this weekend, Carol maybe? She has 4 birth kids and two adopted kids and she knows you from your playgroup. Small world!!

    ReplyDelete