Monday, October 11, 2010

Our Village Rocks!

A few weeks ago, my dear friends Megan and Kate called and said that they wanted to throw a celebration brunch in anticipation of me and Pete traveling to Ethiopia to meet our daughter. I have been through SOOO much with these wonderful women and am so thankful to have them in our lives as we go through this amazing experience. We often joke that we are of the same "tribe". Sometimes there are people that you may have a lot in common with on paper but you still just don't hit it off. Then there are other people that it doesn't matter what you have in common, you can talk to them for hours. I couldn't imagine ever running out of things to talk about with these two. I learn so much from them, I laugh with them and more than once I've cried with them.


Kate was so generous to open her wonderful home to host the celebration. They even ordered a perfect October day with weather in the mid 80's :)




Me with my sister in law and my new friend Colleen who is also an adoptive mom and has been so wonderful to share her experiences with me.



I don't think anyone is more excited about the adoption than my grandma.


There was five of us from college so it was almost a mini reunion!


And since we have already have all of the baby gear, we suggested that if people would like to that they could give a donation to the orphanage we are traveling to. I expected maybe just a few things and was amazed at the wonderful donation we get to take with us on behalf of our village. Like I said, they rock!

2 comments:

  1. So honored to be in your tribe! And we can't wait to meet the newest villager!!! Lots of love and safe travels! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Me too, get that little villager in town and hurry!!! Safe travels and bring home images of the real live HOUSTON PARTY OF FIVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete