Thursday, August 25, 2011

Deglass

Last week as I picked up Aliyah from school and we got into the car she asked for "deglass". Her language skills are pretty good and I can usually understand her but that one was unclear. I asked if she meant sunglasses or maybe a necklace and finally figured out that she was saying Dance Class. Her school works with a dance school that comes on site to offer dance classes once a week. They hold the classes in the indoor play area which is right outside of Aliyah's classroom. So every week as the dance class is being held outside her window, Aliyah has been anxiously asking her teachers if she could go to "Deglass". Clever marketing!

Aliyah is very heavily influenced by her brothers (shocking, I know) and often wants to do the same things as them. She kicks the soccer ball with them, puts on her glove and tries to catch the ball, takes swings off the tee with the bat and will play with the big buckets of dinosaur and car toys. This is one of the first things that she has expressed an interest in all her own. So, while it wouldn't have been my number one choice of activity to sign her up for, I was happy to oblige when my little girl asked to go to dance class.

Nick and I went to watch the first class and Aliyah was so happy! She did a great job following instructions and was beaming from ear to ear with excitement the whole time. The class focuses on movement and coordination and mostly just having fun.


This was Aliyah's expression when she realized the class was over.


But then she brightened up when I suggested we take a picture with her teacher, Ms. Jana :)


No comments:

Post a Comment