Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day






We were blessed with picture perfect weather for Fathers Day so we decided to check out a nearby swimming spot that our friend had recommended. The kids had a blast playing in the water and sand and there was a lot of shade nearby for our picnic lunch. After swimming for a few hours we went home and watched the A's/Giants game while Aliyah took a nap. It was a great way to spend Fathers Day, and I hate to complain. but there was one minor (ok, kinda major) problem that kept our day from being perfect. We didn't have a dad to celebrate it with! That's right, Pete had to travel to Germany for work and missed all of the fun. The kids agreed though that we should basically have a repeat of the day when dad gets back.

Oh, and I did drink a beer while I watched the baseball game with the boys. I kinda felt like a stand in dad and it was my way of honoring Pete (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment