Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ten Fun Facts


Aliyah has been home over five months now and we are still learning lots of fun new things about her personality. Although I guess that never stops which is part of the fun of parenthood. Here are a few fun facts about our little girl.

1. Her hands and fingers are double jointed. It took us a little while to notice that fingers don't normally bend quite that far!
2. The little girl is a talker! She talks non stop narrating our day and asking questions. When I mentioned this to my grandmother, her response was, "Well of course Heather. She is YOUR daughter."
3. She hates having the sun in her eyes and always wants to wear her sunglasses. If we don't have her sunglasses with us, she will cover her eyes with one hand and hold my hand with her other hand as she walks with her eyes closed.
4. She is very thoughtful. For example, if I put her on my knee for a horsie ride, she will then sit down and pat her knee and say "mommy's turn".
5. She loves Buffy and feeds her dinner every night. She's even starting to get most of the food in the bowl!
6. She takes every new experience in stride and adapts so well. I recently started back at the gym and on the second time putting her in the gym daycare she turned to me and "bye bye mama" right after we walked in.
7. We've considered changing her middle name to "Me Too!" because she says this at least twenty times a day.
8. She LOVES music and wants to always have the radio on. She knows Lady Gaga but not Mickey Mouse. Whatever.
9. She still loves to read. Olivia books are some of her favorites.
10. Her favorite color is yellow.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I find her so delicious! Wonderful list you have compiled.. I can't believe she is so good at the gym child care... our boys never liked that place... great you guys are back there BTW.
    oxoxox

    ReplyDelete